Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My little helper gets hurt!


Ramsey is such an awesome little helper these days. He loves to throw away his and Roxee's diapers, put dishes away, and throw the dirty laudry down the stairs(our getto laundry shoot). Sometimes I will find diapers at the bottom of the stairs or dishes in the garbage but I don't mind. He likes to help. So this morning after he got up I was trying to find his favorite cartoons on tv and he found a pair of his shorts from the other day. So being the thoughtful little boy that he is he decided to throw them downstairs for me(with out being asked).I do have a permanent gate there with the swinging door but I must not have made sure that it latched when I came up stairs and our house was built in the 40's so we have very steep narrow stairs that are wood. All of a sudden I hear the worst crashing and thumping I have ever heard. HE FELL DOWN THE STAIRS!!! I ran and my heart sank as I am running down the stair and I see him there at the bottom all twisted up. I hesitated to pick him up in case it would do more damage. He began crying and moving around so I new that he was somewhat ok. He only cried for about 10 seconds. Meanwhile Riley heard all of the comotion and asked me what I did to Rams. Made me feel horrible. I was paniced and ran next store to Linda and woke her up. We decided after checking his eyes and looking him over he was fine. Not one bump! Only a little scrape on his neck! He was playing and eating just normal. I still couldn't feel comfortable with it so I ran him to instacare and they determined that he was fine. WHEW!!

3 comments:

The Clarks said...

oh my goodness! how scary! I am so glad that we don't have stairs, they scare the crap out of me. Everytime we visit someone with them I am like a hawk with Elise since she doesn't have a clue about how to use them. I am so glad he didn't get injured, even a little. What a tough little guy!

Sandy Cordova said...

It's always nice to make sure, if not for the kid, the mom. Before too long they will be using the stairs as a slide. Mine put toys in hampers and push them down. It's great fun.

Daisy Paige said...

Holy cow, that's scary! So glad to hear that he's just fine, though.

About Me

Toquerville, Utah, United States